What does AFSM do?
Asian Federation of Sports Medicine basically functions through a systematic set of activities which also define the scope of the federation. These key activities are areas include:
AFMS conducts different multi-lingual programs and courses to meet educational requirements of Sports Medicine. Some of the programs include Team Physician Advanced course (TPAC), Team Physician Development Course (TPDC), Sports Rehabilitation Course (SRC), Doping Control Officers Course (DCO), Arthroscopy Fellowship Programs and other related practices and workshops.
AFMS seeks to provide advisory services and developing placement programs.
AFMS also exists to assist in planning and arranging local IOC-MC course throughout Asia.
The federation organizes annual AFMS parliamentary meetings to discuss and sort out all existing and potential issues that undermine organizational functioning.
AFMS also aims to develop a strong and reliable network within the participating members of the federation to foster trust and a healthy connection. Organizing Travelling Fellowship Program every year is one such example.
The federation engages in publishing books, newsletters, journals and booklets and related literature about Sports Medicine in a regular manner.
Our Goals and Objectives
AFSM sets goals and benchmark to monitor federation’s performance. Following are some of the goals and objectives that AFSM has developed during its course:
- To assist different sports societies, groups and associations in arranging Sports Medicines facilities in different regions of Asia
- To revise and outline medical procedures and certifications which mark boundaries of Sports Medical requirements and practices in general
- To define a code of conduct within Sports medicine settings to fortify the practice of universal medical principles and ethics
- To battle against drug misuse in various sports and take radical measures to reinforce the charter of ‘anti-doping’ of International Olympic Committee (IOC) and FIMS
- To provide a homogenous platform for coordinating all aspects of Sports Science and exchanging researches between member countries across Asia
- To develop a strong network with relevant medical/sports entities for the development of Sports Medicine
- To organize occasional meetings, seminars, international courses and workshops and to publish relevant material that could aid in promoting Sports Medicine in Asia