Vietnam is an Indochina Peninsular country in Southeast Asia. The country has been having a favorable growth in IT and industrial sectors which is evident from its highest rank on 'Global Growth Generator Index 2011' among eleven major world markets. Due to improved living standards and social awareness, Vietnam keeps on growing in Healthcare and Medicine, though it still faces problems like Healthcare disparity and inequitable distribution of resources among various sectors of the economy. Along with other issues, malnutrition is a major concern in rural settings of the country. Vietnam became an active member of AFSM in order to seek foreign assistance in solving health issues of the country.
Some of the areas where AFSM is functional in Vietnam are as follows:
- Eliminating financial hindrances through foreign funding for better implementation of different policies and programs
- To help in eradicating problems of mal and under nutrition in remote Vietnamese provinces
- To help combating HIV and AIDS infections through different AIDS control programs
- To convince local ministries and official bodies to increase their spending in establishing Sports Medicine centers in the country
- To hold special informative and training sessions to promote Sports Medicine among doctors, medical professionals and students
- To help fighting common diseases like Malaria, Cholera and Typhoid and promote healthier life style though simple hygienic measures